Today’s passage: Jude 24-25
- After sharing what false teachers are doing and what their consequence will be, Jude concludes his epistle with what God is doing and what he will receive.
- Those who are true followers of Christ will not suffer the same judgment as the false teachers Jude has warned us about. God will present us “blameless before the presence of His glory!”
- The glory, majesty, dominion and authority that God has had, does have, and will always have should serve as a warning to those who rebel against Him, and as a victory cheer to those who believe and have submitted to His lordship.
Questions to consider:
- How does the promise of verse 24 compare with the promises of passages like Philippians 1:6, Romans 8:28-30, and Ephesians 5:25-27? What is God able to do…and what has He promised to do?
- How will the fulfilment of this promise result in our great joy? Why should it give us joy even now as we wait for that day?
- How does the reality of who God is impact the way we see and think about our day, our desires, our relationships, our possessions, etc.? To whom do we truly belong and for what purpose do we exist?