Today’s passage: 1 Chronicles 19:1-19
- God had promised David that He would subdue his enemies. Chapter 19 continues this promises fulfillment.
- David’s initial approach toward Hanun was one of kindness. Hanun disrespected David’s men and assembled an army ready for battle without any provocation.
- Joab spoke rightly at the end of verse 13, “May the Lord do what seems good to Him.”
- Due to their decision to fight against Israel together, the Lord gave Israel victory over two enemies in one account.
Questions to consider:
- Even if the Arameans and the Ammonites had been too strong for Israel that day (Verse 12), who could they have never overcome? Whose power was with Israel that day?
- Why did God give them this victory? What had He promised?
- What promises has God given to us in His Word? Even in the midst of hardships or times that feel like major set-backs, what is God still faithfully doing?