Today’s passage: 1 Chronicles 22:1-19
- The events of chapter 21 had David convinced that this would be the sight of the Temple.
- David gives a charge to the workers, to Solomon, and to the leaders of Israel concerning the building of the Temple.
- David desired discretion (Wisdom) and understanding for Solomon. The fruits of those things being obedience.
- True strength and courage, wisdom and understanding lead us to follow hard after God. They will not lead to disobedience and rebellion.
Questions to consider:
- How would humility serve Solomon well after hearing these verses? Would a young, inexperienced soon-to-be king generally like hearing their dad tell others that they are young and inexperienced? But, what was David’s desire for Solomon in the days ahead?
- Was the building of this Temple all on David? All on Solomon? What was it going to take to do this with excellence? What will it take to continue building First Baptist Church? Who all is responsible to help in the cause?
- Why is obedience the fruit of wisdom and understanding? What does the world like to call obedient people? Who gets to decide what is right and wrong, good or bad? Are those who disobey God truly free (John 8:34-36)? Who is truly free?