Today’s passage: 1 Corinthians 3:10-23
- We are God’s temple and we have been tasked with contributing to its construction.
- That which is done in obedience to and in the name of Christ, will endure and be rewarded.
- That which is done in disobedience and in the flesh, will not endure.
- Jesus Christ is the foundation of this temple.
- This temple is God’s and is being built according to God’s design. Everyone who builds must take care to contribute according to the Master’s plan.
Questions to consider:
- What is the temple of God under the New Covenant? Who is the temple? Where does the Spirit of God dwell?
- How does this truth add to the significance of the gathering of the church in worship? Why do we gather? Who is with us in our gathering? Who is the audience in our gathering?
- If the people of God are the temple of God, how does that influence how we view the illustration of building materials such as gold, silver and precious stones? What exactly are we building and what makes our building of the temple excellent?