Today’s passage: 1 Peter 1:3-9
- Our hope is alive because Jesus is alive.
- Trials are:
- Worth grieving (This passage never says not to grieve)
- Resulting in praise
- Pointers to our purest and highest joys yet to be seen in eternity (Trials make us yearn for glory!)
Questions to consider:
- Who caused you to be born again? Who’s power guards and keeps your faith and salvation secure?
- Who gets an inheritance? Who’s child are you?
- Why is it possible to have joy and grieve at the same time? Which emotion rules in the end for the Christian?