Today’s passage: 1 Samuel 20:24-42
- Saul knew exactly what path Jonathan had chosen, and he cursed him for it.
- Instead of throwing a spear at David, this time Saul tried to pin his own son to the wall.
- David was overcome with gratitude. Jonathan didn’t just say he was going to help David, he actually did it. Jonathan has acted on behalf of the future King David.
Questions to consider:
- What did Jesus say would happen within families as a result of our faith (Luke 12:49-53)? If we have to choose between pleasing God or pleasing our family, what must we choose?
- Why didn’t Saul understand Jonathan’s choice? If Jonathan was thinking the same way Saul was, what would he have done? If Saul was thinking the same way Jonathan was, what would he have done?
- Who is your king? To whom have you pledged your allegiance?