Today’s passage: 2 Chronicles 27:1-9
- Jotham did much good as the king of Judah. Yet, he omitted one thing. He did not remove the high places for use in the people idolatry (2 Kings 15:35).
- This is how the people “still followed corrupt practices.”
- To simply maintain the infrastructure of the city of Jerusalem and the nation of Judah, much proactive work needed to be done. The same was true spiritually.
Questions to consider:
- Even though Jotham became mighty as he followed after the Lord, what would have been happening to the nation through their corruption?
- Is a family or a church strong and healthy when it’s leaders alone, or it’s members alone are doing well? How many of us are needed to bring about the health of our church and our families?
- What are the spiritual “gates” and “walls” that need strengthened and maintained in the life of a believer and in the family/church?