Today’s passage: 2 Peter 2:4-10
- If we were to think that God is letting false prophets/teachers off the hook, Peter gives a recounting of how God has judged grave wickedness in the past.
- If we were to think that in God’s judgment the righteous would be forgotten, Peter recounts their rescue.
- Noah and his family
Questions to consider:
- Whose responsibility is it to judge wickedness? What is our responsibility?
- Did Noah and Lot have perfect records? How was their righteous standing the same as ours? Did they (Or do we) have reason to boast (Ephesians 2:8-9)?
- How does submitting to the Lord and leaving His responsibilities to Him allow us to focus on His will for our lives? How would that alleviate stress and anxiety in our hearts?