Today’s passage: 2 Peter 3:11-13
- In a book about false prophets/teachers, Peter leaves the readers (Believers) asking how they ought to live. After enduring false teaching, there is a need to move forward.
- This text is much like 1 Corinthians 3:10-15.
- For more on the New Heaven and New Earth, check out Revelation 21:1-4.
Questions to consider:
- If all that remains is that which is done for Christ in righteousness, how should we live? What should we pursue? What should our goals in life be centered around?
- What does it mean to “wait for” the Day of the Lord? Does this command call us to inaction (Sitting around looking up into the sky) or to action (Living for Christ until He comes)?
- What does it mean to “hasten” the coming of the Day of the Lord? Is that hastening from God’s perspective or ours? What seems to make your day go faster, being busy or being idle?
- To what part(s) of all that follows the Day of the Lord are you most looking forward?