Today’s passage: 2 Thessalonians 1:5-12
- Being a persecutor might look like winning, but it’s losing. Being persecuted might look and feel like losing, but it’s winning.
- “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” – Romans 12:14-21
- Perseverance is a work of God’s powerful grace.
Questions to consider:
- What things could we regularly do to help us remember who defines and who judges winning and losing?
- When we respond to one who disagrees and has rejected God with kindness, love and peaceful confidence, what gift have we given to them? What do they need to hear? How do all of our interactions with unbelievers become opportunities to plant, water and potentially harvest Gospel seeds?
- Who is doing the work in verse 11? Who then rightly gets the praise in verse 12?