Today’s passage: 3 John 1-4
- It is right and good to pray for every aspect of a person’s life?
- It is good to pray for people’s health.
- It is good to pray for people’s souls and spiritual growth.
- It is good to pray for the situations and daily activities we all face.
- Practicing what you preach is good…when you are preaching the truth.
- Right thinking changes desires, which results in a change of our actions.
- Seeing people come to faith in Christ and grow in true righteousness brings great joy to the church!
Questions to consider:
- What could the general topic of our prayers (Both individually and when we are together sharing requests) tell us about what we value? What would it tell us about our willingness to engage with one another in spiritual growth? What are some reasons we might refrain from sharing certain requests?
- Why is the word “truth” so important in this passage? Can a person be super “spiritual” and not be walking in truth? What does it mean to walk in truth?
- Who is the person (Who are the people) who greatly rejoices to see you walking in the truth? Are you being discipled right now? Who is a person (Or the people) who would say that you are that person for them? Who are you actively discipling/evangelizing? If those relationships are not there, what could you do to pursue them?