Today’s passage: Acts 1:1-11
- The Gospel of Luke and Acts are both written by Luke. Both addressed to Theophilus.
- Jesus’ body didn’t simply come up missing. He presented Himself alive by many infallible proofs!
- The Holy Spirit baptized over 3,00 souls (Including the Apostles) into the body of Christ at the day of Pentecost, which we will read about in Acts 2. Since then, that baptism has occurred in each person at their conversion (1 Corinthians 12:13, Romans 8:9, Titus 3:5-6).
- The timing of the coming kingdom remains a mystery. However, the power to expand the kingdom is here.
- Christ is coming again!
Questions to consider:
- What are some of the infallible proofs of Jesus’ resurrection? How do they show that our Savior and Lord is alive? (See John 20:19, Luke 24:39, 1 Corinthians 15:5-8 for examples)
- What was the mission which the Holy Spirit empowered the Apostles to do? Was the power most evidenced in the signs they did or in the spread of the Gospel and converted souls?
- How is the Gospel still going forward today? Who shared Christ with you? Who can you share the message with today?