Today’s passage: Amos 3:1-15
- The message of chapter 3 was to Israel, the northern kingdom, specifically. However, Judah was not excluded.
- God specially revealed Himself to Israel and graciously set them apart from the rest of the world.
- He even sent prophets to warn them of coming judgment for their sin. (Verse 7)
- They willingly rejected him and chose to walk in agreement with the world. Now the world would look on and witness the judgment of God against Israel.
- It was of God’s grace that a remnant was left after the Assyrian invasion and conquest (Verse 12).
Questions to consider:
- How does the truth of verse 3 pair together with 2 Corinthians 6:14? Knowing this is not just a verse about marriage, what are the implications in our relationships and partnerships in life?
- To whom are we to draw near as Christians? (James 4:8) What changes will continue to occur in us as we seek to walk in agreement with the Lord?
- What does verse 3 teach us about repentance? By God’s grace, what must a person understand, agree with and do in order to truly repent and change?