Today’s passage: Colossians 3:1-4
- The focus of the false teachers was on the self and in the physical and temporary. Christians keep our eyes up on Christ and eternity!
- Christ is presently at the right hand of God the Father. This is a position of authority and where Christ makes intercession for us (Romans 8:34). No other teacher or leader in the church could ever come close to the authority and access of Jesus. Look to Jesus.
- When Paul writes, “your life is hidden,” he refers to the safety and security we have in Christ. Jesus is our shelter, our protection, our sin is covered by his blood.
- He is our authority, our access to God, and our safety.
Questions to consider:
- Why is it best for us as a church to never tire of making much of Jesus? Why is he the greatest thing we could think about, talk about, preach about, sing about, etc.?
- How does focusing on Jesus and his gospel rightly shape who we are what we are to do as Christians and as the church?
- What is the promise given to us in verse 4? What will be true of us forevermore when Christ returns?