Today's passage: Colossians 4:7-18
- The Body of Christ is full of relationships! People were coming and going back and forth to the churches and with the Apostle Paul. Some of them were headed toward restoration (Onesimus and Mark – Philemon 1:10-16, Acts 15:39). Others would later prove unfaithful (Demas – 2 Timothy 4:10).
- All of these people mattered and all of them had a role to play in the churches (Verse 17).
- Paul took up the writing utensil to sign this letter at the end, showing he was genuinely the author.
Questions to consider:
- In what way did Epaphras struggle on behalf of the Colossian church (Verse 12)? Why is prayer such an important part of our “struggling” as a church?
- What can this list of people remind us of concerning the church? What is church really all about? Who is the church? What is the purpose of the property, the building, the programs? What are they here to do and be used for?
- Who could you encourage today with a “greeting”? How could you “fulfill the ministry you have received” from God's Word as an active member of the Body of Christ?