Today’s passage: Galatians 1:11-24
- Paul’s former desire was to become a great Pharisee and persecute the church.
- God set Paul apart before he was ever born and called Paul by grace.
- Paul was not taught how to preach or what to preach by the Jewish Christians in Jerusalem.
- He was not trying to raise up the ranks of the church as he had among the Pharisees.
- He was not coerced by any to teach for the praise of man.
Questions to consider:
- What were some major changes in Paul from before to after his conversion?
- Why would he want people to know that the fear of man was not affecting his preaching?
- Even thought the fear of man certainly looks like we “care” about others, how is it actually more about us?