Today's passage: Galatians 2:11-14
- This disagreements over the Gospel was so important that it was worth Paul and Peter getting into a public confrontation.
- When Peter “separated himself” from the Gentiles, he chose sides. The language here takes his actions beyond neutrality. Peter had joined the Judaizers in that moment out of fear.
- Peter's fearful decision carried great consequences and this event became a moment of truth for the ministry of the Gospel in Antioch and beyond.
- Paul called Peter out in a public way because Peter's abandonment was also public.
- Peter repented! (1 Peter 1:13-21)
Questions to consider:
- Why is it so important to get the Gospel right?
- In that moment, who was loving God and people more?
- Why is fearing man a hypocrisy for the Christian? What does fearing man/culture result in?