Today’s passage: Galatians 3:10-14
- The Jewish people in the Old Testament were not cursed for trying to follow the Law. They were commanded to obey the Law. But if they thought their salvation was going to come from their keeping of the Law (which no one could ever successfully accomplish) they were under the curse.
- “The righteous shall live by faith” is taken from Habakkuk 2:4.
- Jesus endured the curse of God from our failure to obey the Law. Because of His sacrifice, we are no longer under the curse of the Law.
- Jesus fulfilled the promised blessing to Abraham that through his seed, all the nations of the earth would be blessed.
Questions to consider:
- Where does our righteousness come from?
- Where does our eternal life come from?
- How do these truths grow our affections toward Christ?