Today’s passage: Galatians 5:16-24
- Inaction will never result in godliness. Avoiding sin/Pursuing righteousness is accomplished by walking with the Spirit of God.
- It would not be loving for us to convince a person whose life is characterized by sins such as those listed in verses 19-21 that they already are saved because they “prayed that one time”.
- If the Spirit of God is in you, there will be progressive (At times, rapid) change from the works of the flesh to the fruits of the Spirit. The flesh will be crucified.
Questions to consider:
- How do you know that you are keeping in step with the Spirit of God? What has God given us to guide us in this walk?
- How does walking with the Spirit (or keeping in step with the Spirit) affect our passions and desires? How does our thinking change our desires and then our actions?