Today’s passage: Genesis 12:10-20
- Abraham displayed a great deal of faith in verses 1-9. Today’s passage will remind us, he is human. He is a sinner too, like the rest of us.
- Abraham feared the Egyptians more than the Lord in these moments. But, it was the Lord who graciously rescued him and Sarai in the end (Verse 17).
Questions to consider:
- Why were Abraham’s fears unfounded? What had God promised him in verses 1-9? Since God made those promises, would it even have been possible for Abraham to be killed in Egypt?
- Abraham was not a great husband here… In what way are husbands to treat/love/protect their wives according to Ephesians 5:25?
- In these verses, who acted more honorably, Abraham or the Pharaoh? Did God choose Abraham because he was better than anybody else? Why are we saved? Why has God chosen us to be His children? (Ephesians 1:3-6)