Today’s passage: Genesis 6:9-22
- Noah wasn’t without sin (No one outside of Jesus is). But, by God’s grace, he lived a noticeably righteous life. And, as Enoch had before him, he walked with God.
- Here is a link to a short video on the size of the ark. (And a plug for the Ark Encounter)
- God was about to bring judgment against the people of the world for their violence and corruption. Noah and his family would be saved from judgment through the ark (1 Peter 3:18-22).
Questions to consider:
- Why is this such a remarkable narrative? How many times has this occurred in history? How many boats do you think had been built to these specifications at that time?
- What did Noah do in response to God’s commands and instructions? What questions do you think he had? What might have made obedience a struggle for him? How was his faith displayed? (James 2:18)