Today’s passage: Habakkuk 2:6-20
- Today, we read the rest of God’s response to Habakkuk’s appeal.
- The sins of Babylon against the nations (Not just Israel, but all of the peoples who were subjugated), would come back around on their own head.
- When mankind bows down to idols, they become just like them (Spiritually blind, deaf, dead). (Psalm 115:2-8)
Questions to consider:
- Was God only concerned with what Babylon would do against Judah or are all the nations under His watch? What does this remind us of concerning God’s heart for the nations (Revelation 7:9)?
- What is true of every other god in the world (Verses 18-20)? What is true of every human being before God? Is there anyone who will not answer to Him (Whether they believe in Him or not)?
- What then is the right response and action for citizens of the Kingdom of God in the midst of this earth (Habakkuk 2:1-2, Matthew 28:18-20)?