Today’s passage: Isaiah 1:21-31
- The faithful city of Jerusalem had become unfaithful. The impurities/contamination of sin had made their silver into dross and watered down their fine wine.
- Not only did the leaders not help the helpless (The fatherless and the widows), they even took bribes or gifts to allow others to continue taking advantage of them.
- Lye is a chemical that can expose pure metal.
Questions to consider:
- Who will be able to enjoy the restored Jerusalem? Who will not?
- What would be the end result of the pagan worship that occurred with the oaks and the gardens? How would the people feel about their participation in idolatry?
- How does a desire to care for the fatherless and the widow show a repentant and loving heart? Why should we seek to care for them?