Today’s passage: Isaiah 18
- The land of Cush would be the area in Africa south of Egypt (Think Sudan and Ethiopia approximately).
- Judah is reminded, the people of Africa are included in the promise of Isaiah 2:1-4.
- God’s dealing with Israel and Judah (Including the time of Isaiah’s ministry) had impact and consequences on the surrounding nations as well.
- God was/is fully sovereign and aware of all the inner workings and consequences for all the people of the earth, not just Israel and not just the church.
Questions to consider:
- Is God over just Christians? Are people in the church under God’s sovereignty and people outside the church totally independent and on their own?
- Why is it foolish for a person to decide they do not have any interest in learning about or obeying God? Is God something you just choose to worship or not to worship? Is God an option on a buffet line of lifestyle choices?
- How can verses like Revelation 7:9-10 encourage you to have a proper view of God and a right understand of our mission to go and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20)?