Today’s passage: Isaiah 32:1-8
- The descriptions of this king, these leaders and this kingdom are not the way things are today. This prophecy is given to draw our attention to the way things will be, to long for that day, and to seek to live now in light of that kingdom.
- Some leaders gather people together to receive service. Godly leaders serve those gathered under their leadership.
- Even if the world defines good as evil and evil as good, foolishness is still foolishness. People do not define good and evil. We can attempt to disagree, but we cannot change what is true.
Questions to consider:
- If verses 3-5 are characteristic of the future, what is true about things today?
- If the world calls a noble person a fool, what is that person? Is he/she still noble? Why or why not?
- If the reign of the King of righteousness is like streams of water in a dry place and like shade in a weary land, where should we go today when we need a shelter from the storm?