Today’s passage: Isaiah 46
- Bel and Nebo are names of false gods from Babylon.
- It is perfectly logical to be amazed by and submit to God…
- All other gods are fake.
- God is holy, righteous and sovereign. Even the birds go where He tells them (Verse 11).
- …and yet, righteousness and salvation have to come to His people against their stubbornness (Verse 12)! There will only be salvation and righteousness given to people because God has decreed it so.
Questions to consider:
- Why is it right to believe and obey God? Why are you glad to be a Christian?
- What are some of the “gods” of our culture? Why does fearing God and following Christ make so much more sense than any other options that the world gives?
- What would we be without God’s grace? Who deserves the praise for our eternal life and sanctification? How does the necessity of God’s grace for our repentance and salvation bring Him glory?