Today’s passage: Isaiah 52
- Israel is told to expect the Lord to redeem it in such a way that no one can question who saved her.
- They are to conduct themselves in a way that expects this resolution.
- They are to be watching for the Lord’s return.
- They are to be taking the good news of the Lord’s salvation and proclaiming it others.
- Jesus was marred beyond human resemblance and what was unrecognizable to so many became a light to the Gentiles (Romans 15:21).
Questions to consider:
- How does this passage help us to better understand what it means to be “ready” for the Lord’s return? What should our lives look like in preparation for His coming?
- Even in the darkest of times, when all hope seems lost, why is it right for the watchmen to remain alert and for our feet to continue to carry us to where we can proclaim the good news? If Christ can and will return and make everything right when the world’s against Him, can He save your loved one, your neighbor, your child?
- Where could you take the good news today? What would it look like for our church to be ready for Christ’s return?