Today’s passage: James 1:16-18
- God is perfectly good. Everything He does is perfectly good/righteous.
- God is immutable. He has and He will never change.
- God is sovereign. We were saved by the will of God upon hearing the Word of God.
Questions to consider:
- Why is the immutability of God so important? How does it ensure our hope?
- How do people get saved? What happens and what is shared before we are born again (“Brought forth”)? How should this order encourage you in your evangelism? How should this order keep you from discouragement in your evangelism?
- Over the last few days, we have been overwhelmed by the goodness, kindness, and graciousness of God. Yesterday, we were reminded that our sin comes from within our own hearts, being enticed by our own desire for other things. What would be wrong in our thinking when we find anything in creation to be more worthy of our desire than God Himself? Why/How is God better, more desirable, more satisfying than anything else?