Today's passage: James 1:5-8
- Christians are encouraged to ask for wisdom knowing that God may use a trial to work it out in their life!
- Doubting, a lack of faith, makes difficulties ineffective. Therefore, God will withhold a trial from a believer who asks if He knows they are not ready.
- God gives good things (Like wisdom) to us generously! He is not stingy toward us in things that are good.
Questions to consider:
- Why does the idea of asking for things, knowing that a trial may come as a result, sound so radical? What does it take to think this asking is a good idea in the first place?
- What are the kinds of things this passage is referring to? What “things” is God giving? What kinds of “things” is this passage not talking about?
- In what ways does this passage reaffirm the kindness and goodness of God to His children?