Today’s passage: John 10:1-6
- A robber of sheep has to use cunning and force because the shepherd’s sheep only know and follow their shepherd’s voice.
- The shepherd knows his sheep and calls them by name. They hear his voice and they follow him. They run away from anyone else.
- Stay tuned for Christ’s explanation in tomorrow’s passage!
Questions to consider:
- Given what we read in chapter 9, who might be the thieves and robbers to whom Jesus was immediately referring? What kind of cunning and force were the Jewish religious leaders employing to get people to submit to their leadership?
- Does the shepherd drive the sheep from behind like cattle or lead out front with his voice? How might this illustration apply to pastoral ministry? Are pastors cowboys or shepherds?
- How many sheep does the shepherd bring out and lead (Verse 4)?