Today's passage: John 17:1-5
- All of chapter 17 is Jesus' prayer. It is often referred to as. “The High Priestly Prayer.”
- All whom the Father has given the Son will have eternal life. Christ remains the authority over all flesh. Not believing in Jesus does not remove anyone from the obligation to worship and obey Him.
- Jesus, being God the Son, existed with the Father and the Spirit before the world existed. (John 1:1-3)
- Christ left the glory he had with the Father to take on flesh for our salvation! He again is and will be glorified forever. (Philippians 2:4-11)
Questions to consider:
- How does this portion of Jesus' prayer continue to clarify just who He is? What do we learn about God this Son in these verses?
- What is the greatest thing about eternal life? What “is” eternal life? (Verse 3)
- How amazing is it to know that you are a gift given to Jesus by the Father? God has gifted us with eternal life. And He has gifted us to His Son!