Today's passage: John 20:24-31
- Thomas did not believe the report of the other disciples. He wants to see and feel the physical body of Jesus. Thomas implies the disciples saw some ghost or a figment of their imagination. He believes they've made a mistake.
- Eight days later, Jesus meets Thomas' challenge. He is truly alive, risen from the dead, in the flesh forevermore.
- Thomas' response is the response all readers need to give. The only right response is to proclaim Christ as my Lord and my God!
Questions to consider:
- Why did the Apostle John write this book (Verse 31)? Why would this book be a great thing to encourage unbelievers to read if they were willing to begin exploring the Bible?
- Why didn't Thomas just say, “Jesus, my friend, your back!”? Who is Jesus? What did Thomas proclaim? In what way is Thomas' profession the climax of John's gospel?
- What will you do with the evidence given to you? You haven't seen Jesus personally…you have read and heard these multiple eye-witness accounts. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.