Today's passage: John 7:37-52
- Whoever thirsts for God, come to Christ and drink!
- The Spirit had worked and been involved before. But He had been promised in a special way in the New Covenant (Ezekiel 36:26, Acts 2:1-13).
- The prophet Jonah had come from Galilee (2 Kings 14:25). The Chief Priests and Pharisees were asking questions that could be answered. But the point of their questions was not to learn, it was to pressure people into rejecting Christ.
Questions to consider:
- What is the sad irony of the people's confusion concerning Jesus' birthplace?
- Why was no one able to lay hands on him, even if they wanted to more than anything (Look back at verse 30)?
- What do we see happening in Nicodemus in today's passage? What was he willing to do in the face of this pressure? What could this indicate about his belief after his interaction with Jesus in John 3?