Today’s passage: Jonah 2:1-10
- Jonah cried out to God in his distress and God answered him. Our God is merciful to us!
- When our eyes are off of God, they fail to see steadfast love. Grace can only be found in the one true God.
- Jonah thanks God and vows to God.
- He acknowledged that salvation belongs to the LORD and is glad for his own salvation.
Questions to consider:
- How does Jonah view God in this prayer? What is he so thankful for?
- How could verses 8-9 sound like true repentance? How might they instead sound like hopeful expectations of the near future?
- Does the end of a crisis automatically mean you have fully learned your lesson?