Today’s passage: Jonah 3:6-10
- The king (Or possibly more like a governor in our terms) of Ninevah decrees sackcloth, fasting and ashes (Even the animals had to fast!) and for the end of violence and evil in the city.
- The prophetic decree of Jonah was intended to bring repentance. This was God’s plan. (Jeremiah 18:7-8)
Questions to consider:
- Was Jonah the reason the Ninevites repented of their evil and violence or was he the tool God used? What is our place and role in reaching others with God’s Word?
- If a whole city repented after you shared a message would you be sort of pumped up? How might we be expecting Jonah to respond (Pretend you don’t know the rest of the story…)?
- What kinds of things (Sins, offenses, etc.) can wrongly persuade us to not be excited about people’s repentance?