Today’s passage: Joshua 19:24-51
- The tribes of Asher, Naphtali, and Dan finish out the allotment of lands for Israel.
- The tribe of Dan didn’t take possession in their land and actually pushed further north to defeat a different foe. The land they took possession of and settled in was not the land they were given by lot!
- Joshua from the tribe of Ephraim was given a special inheritance within Ephraim’s inheritance.
- The land inheritance portion of this book fittingly began with Caleb and ended with Joshua, the only two men from their generation to enter into the Promised Land.
Questions to consider:
- With the conclusion of this task and the accounts of all Israel settling into new land, what would have been the right response of Israel before the Lord?
- What should we make of Dan’s changing the plans? Were they truly unable to take their allotted territory? Did they really have to move further to the north?
- What set Caleb and Joshua apart from the beginning? What gave them this special honor? (Check out Numbers 13:1-14:10)