Today’s passage: Lamentations 2
- In Jeremiah’s eyes, the Lord had become like an enemy. This chapter gives more focus on God’s judgment against Jerusalem.
- God is the judge and His judgment is always just. Therefore, when people are truly guilty, only He can rescue (Verse 13).
- If pastors and teachers only share happy good words and rebuke or correction never come, disaster is ahead (Verse 14).
Questions to consider:
- What statements or requests in this lament were the most striking to you? Why had this disaster come on Jerusalem? What had the people done to the prophets who spoke the truth?
- Is it ever too soon or ever too late to pray? (Verse 19) What does Jeremiah plead with the people to pray? What was the basis of his appeal in the latter verses of the chapter?
- What is the answer to the question at the end of verse 13? (Isaiah 53:5)