Today's passage: Leviticus 11
- God gives instruction and clarity on foods/animals that are clean or unclean and what to do if they are touched, eaten, etc.
- The people of Israel were to follow God's commands and be set apart (Holy) because God is holy. No other explanation was required. Nor was any other explanation needed.
- It should be noted, people have tried for a long time to figure out why some of these animals were clean or unclean. There isn't any agreement as to why.
Questions to consider:
- What animals did you think of from these descriptions? What are some foods we eat today that were unclean for Israel? What are some foods that we clean you wouldn't want to eat today?
- What seems to be the difference between “unclean” and evil? When did something “unclean” become part of a sinful act?
- How does God's holiness rightly produce an expectation for our seeking to obey and honor Him as Lord?