Today's passage: Leviticus 7
- Today's chapter concludes this portion of instruction on several forms of offerings.
- There are three types of peace offerings:
- Thanksgiving (Verses 12, 13, 15) – An appreciation of God's goodness and favor
- Vows (Verse 16) – Given after the completion or fulfilment of a stated vow
- Freewill (Verse 16) – An offering brought without any other reason than worship
- We are given a helpful reminder at the end of the chapter. After having read all this information about the details of these offerings (And perhaps getting lost in the details…), Israel still hadn't left Mount Sanai.
Questions to consider:
- Knowing Israel hadn't left Mount Sanai and had yet to begin regular worship and offerings in the tabernacle, what has God displayed about His commands and leadership of His people? Is God telling Israel to do anything He has not prepared them to do?
- How could this encourage us as leaders, parents, etc.? When should we begin to expect knowledgeable and fruitful actions from those we lead?