Today’s passage: Luke 21:29-38
- The generation that will not pass away is the generation that sees the “leaves” indicating that “summer” is near.
- God’s words will never pass away. You can count on them today. You can count on them forever.
- He is righteous.
- He is all-knowing.
- He is unchangeable.
- He is faithful.
- The cares of this world cannot prevent us from the work Christ has called us to do.
- Dissipation refers to the crumbling apart of our lives that results from our sin (Specifically things like drunkenness).
- No matter how bad things get, what people need most is the grace of God for salvation through faith in Christ.
- We are the ones who must tell the world.
Questions to consider:
- Will this world ever be “fixed” before Jesus comes? How does a verse like John 16:33 along with this passage give us hope and purpose in trying times?
- When there is great temptation to worry, what is our way of escape (1 Corinthians 10:13)? What has Christ called us to do in the midst of this world and for the benefit of lost souls?
- Who does the world want everyone to run to for peace and refuge right now? How many answers are they giving? How are they going about disagreeing with each other? Why is the LORD the only way, truth, and life? Whose cause are you giving the most attention to, effort, resources, time, etc.?