Today’s passage: Luke 3:10-22
- Loving God first will be followed by loving your neighbor.
- Herod’s attempt to lock John up (To shut him up) didn’t change the truth that he was teaching.
- Choosing to ignore consequences doesn’t keep them from coming.
- John 15:18-25
- Jesus was not baptized as a sign of repentance. In His baptism, He was fulfilling all righteousness (Matthew 3:15).
Questions to consider:
- Who did Herod seem to think his issue was with? To whom does Herod (And all others) truly have to answer?
- Since this event marks the beginning of Jesus’ public ministry, why would it make sense for the Spirit to visibly descend on Jesus and for the Father to audibly announce His Son to the world? What did the Trinity accomplish in this instance?
- In what ways should this passage encourage us to share the good news with others, even if they reject it?