Today’s passage: Luke 4:1-13
- After all the proof of the first three chapters, Satan tries to bring doubt, “If you are the Son of God…”
- Jesus responded to each of the temptations with the truth of scripture.
- Satan also used Scripture, out of context, to push Jesus toward sin.
Questions to consider:
- How should Satan’s mishandling of scripture be a warning to us? Is everyone on TV, online, or writing books who uses a Bible teaching the truth?
- What would have happened if Jesus had fallen to these temptations? What was Satan trying to accomplish?
- What did Jesus accomplish for us by denying Satan’s attempts and fulfilling righteousness?