Today’s passage: Mark 10:17-34
- A major contrast is given in this passage:
- The man’s reliance on his possessions is also contrasting with the previous passage concerning child-like faith.
- This rich young man was going to reject Jesus, but the offer was still presented. We don’t know who will repent and put their faith in Christ, but our mission is still the same. Preach the Gospel to everyone (Mark 16:15)
Questions to consider:
- What is the answer to the quasi riddle given in verse 18? Why is Jesus “good?” What statement was Jesus making in this verse?
- Why was this crowd “exceedingly astonished” in verse 26? What had Jesus just told them? What hope did they (Or any person) have of entering the kingdom based on what Jesus had just said?
- Why is it impossible for man to enter the kingdom of God (On our own)? What can’t we undo that already disqualifies us? How has God made it possible for us to enter? (Romans 3:21-26)