Today’s passage: Mark 16:1-8
- Jesus is not in the grave! He is alive!
- Jesus had told His disciples He would rise from the dead…and He’s no false prophet! (Mark 9:31)
- The resurrection proved Jesus is who He said He is and it proved God’s wrath was fully and finally satisfied. (Romans 8:1)
- The testimony of women was not counted as reliable in that culture. The fact that the Scriptures include their first eye-witness account only adds to the reliability of the story. The writers of the Gospels were being honest.
Questions to consider:
- Why did this experience leave the women in fear (Verse 8)? Of what all could they have been afraid? What would have given them reason for hesitation in making any announcement?
- How does the resurrection guarantee the authenticity of Jesus’ claims?
- If everything we know about Jesus is true, what is the only right response? What kind of fear is appropriate for all of us, knowing that Jesus is our king?