Today’s passage: Matthew 12:46-50
- Word was spreading around about Jesus, including the Pharisees’ hatred of Him. His earthly family may have been concerned for His well-being.
- Jesus did not renounce Mary or his half-brothers in this passage. He invited them into His family.
- Jesus’ invitation to the family was universal. Everyone who believes and follows Him will be included. Anyone who rejects Him will not be included. (Even His own mother or half-brothers and half-sisters)
Questions to consider:
- What is the difference between our earthly families and the family of God?
- How do you know that you are in the family of God?
- How does this passage state we can see if someone else is in the family of God?