Today’s passage: Matthew 13:18-23
- Jesus now is explaining to His disciples the parable he shared in 13:10-17.
- “He falls away” in verse 21 comes from the Greek work that just means, to stumble. This is not to be confused with the false idea of losing your salvation.
- Soil is good for farming when it is properly prepared. This is the work of the Spirit (See John 16:8-11)
Questions to consider:
- Knowing that the seed is the Word of God and that the good soil is prepared by God, what is God’s role in sharing the Gospel and what is our role? What should we be sharing and doing?
- How does rightly understanding God’s role in evangelism give us GREATER confidence and assurance of success?
- Can you think of three people you can be praying for, inviting to share the Word of God with, and/or inviting to church? (Will you do it?)