Today’s passage: Matthew 14:13-21
- Given the nature of family sizes and the fact that the number here is given with the added “besides women and children”, it would make perfect sense that this crowd could have been at or above 25,000 people.
- When Jesus wanted to be alone, He had compassion and served. (Mark 10:45)
- It would have been a fine response for the disciples to say to Jesus, “We cannot feed all these people, but you can.”
Questions to consider:
- Did the disciples use Jesus to feed all these people or did Jesus use the disciples?
- Do we use Jesus to accomplish our purposes or does Jesus use us to accomplish His?
- How does Jesus’ character as a servant and a compassionate Savior set a precedent/example for us and make the answer to the previous question a good thing?