Today’s passage: Matthew 15:29-31
- The crowds coming to Jesus on this occasion are the result of the Canaanite woman. This was probably a largely Gentile crowd.
- Take a minute and imagine the scene…thousands coming, hastily bringing these people to Jesus, seeing them healed right before their eyes, crying out for joy as the next come in right behind them with eagerness that is ready to explode at the prospect of what they are about to see. This happens over and over again on this day.
- These Gentile people recognized the futility of their pagan gods and glorified the God of Israel.
Questions to consider:
- What do we (you) tend to turn to when we need helped out of a jam? (Who are our pagan gods?)
- How would the Gospel of Jesus Christ be water to a dehydrated, thirsty soul? Why might we take for granted what a lost person, searching for rescue desperately needs to hear?
- How can you point people to Jesus today? How might someone look at your life and glorify the God of Israel?