Today’s passage: Matthew 25:14-30
- Like yesterday’s parable, all three servants are seen outwardly as servants of the Master (Followers of Jesus Christ).
- Different level of responsibility was given to each, but equal acknowledgement of “Well done…” was given to each obedient, diligent servant.
- Regardless of what the servants were given, they were expected to use those resources to gain profit for the Master. They were expected to produce.
- Obedience in this life will result in greater responsibility and joy in the Kingdom. There is a reward.
- The third servant blamed the Master and His reputation for his own failure to be obedient.
- He was found to be faithless and wicked, and therefore punished.
- The language in verse 30 is what Christ used to describe hell. This servant was only one outwardly (such as the 5 virgins with no oil in the previous parable). He did not have faith in the Master.
Questions to consider:
- Why is it so magnificent that we would be rewarded for our service?
- Why will it be a reward to get to serve Christ in a greater capacity?
- Why should we be thankful for the abilities and talents we have?
- Take some time to evaluate your service. What are you doing that can bear fruit?