Today’s passage: Matthew 26:36-46
- Jesus brought the three disciples with him for their good, not necessarily for His.
- Jesus knew more than anyone else what He was about to go through. His distress and anguish were totally appropriate.
- Jesus asked if there was any other way to purchase our redemption. The answer was no, and He was willing to go to the cross, suffer the wrath of God, and be forsaken by the Father for us.
Questions to consider:
- In what ways did Jesus model prayer in times of hardship for us?
- What kinds of temptations come during suffering? How did Jesus say to fight it?
- Why was Jesus willing to go on to the cross? Be careful not to insert an answer of your own here…what does this Scripture say was His motivation?